Sunday, July 19, 2009

Patrick Family Reunion.

As a result of my over-achieving decision to take summer term at BYU I wasn't able to go to the Oregon coast for the Brutsch family reunion (my mom's side of the family), which made me very sad. But taking place the same week up Provo canyon was the Patrick Family Reunion, so after I was done with classes on Thursday afternoon I enjoyed the beautiful drive up to the cabin and then spent a couple days with my Dad's side of the family.


On Friday morning we held the traditional "17th of July" with sprint, 3-legged, and sack races along with the pie eating contest and the balloon and egg tosses. Katie Patrick and I (far right) were super speedy and won the 3-legged race.




All the teenage girls that were at the reunion. On Friday night most of the teenagers stayed up until 5 am playing Phase 10 and Catch Phrase and then pretending we were all asleep when any adults came down to check on us...I don't think they were fooled. :) A bat that got into the cabin and was dive bombing us at about 3 am added to the excitement.




My Grandma and I in front of the cabin right before we packed up and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment