Sunday, July 5, 2009

Eagle Scout.






Today my younger (but definitely not little) brother was awarded his Eagle Scout award. For his project Daniel tied over 100 fleece blankets that were delivered to an orphanage in Mexico when we went down over Christmas break to build a house. You don't usually think of people in Mexico needing blankets but the area where we went gets fairly cold during the winter and those wonderful children were so grateful. I am so proud of my amazing brother and for his willingness to serve. He has always been so kind to me, even when we were younger and I wasn't very nice to him. My mom always threatened that one day Daniel would be bigger than me and able to "beat the tar out of me" and now that it has happened I am grateful for his forgiving and loving heart. :) There isn't another 15 year old boy that I know that I would trade for Daniel and I feel so blessed to have him as a brother. I love you "D" and am so proud of the good things you are doing with your life. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment